Opera Las Vegas is a nonprofit professional opera company serving Nevada through full-scale productions and a variety of innovative outreach programs in local schools and community venues.
Opera Las Vegas enriches the culture of Nevada by producing high caliber opera theatre both on and off stage, through a mix of innovative educational experiences and performance events for audiences of all ages and backgounds.
To be the premier company in Nevada that attracts both new and devoted audiences to the exhilarating world of opera theatre.
- Set standards for artistic excellence, innovation and creativity in all we do
- Attract talented singers, musicians, technical artists, staff, board and volunteers
- Captivate a supportive, diverse audience that is continually growing
- Strengthen our financial and organizational foundation
Did You Know?
- Opera Las Vegas is a proud professional company member of Opera America, currently the only official member in the Silver State.
- Has increased attendance by over 40% over three seasons.
- Creates an introductory operatic experience for over 2,700 area students at twelve Clark County Schools with “informance” shows in English of Mainstage Operas like Carmen and Cinderella.
- Delights opera aficionados and novices alike with fundraising events like That’s Amore, Dueling Pianos, Our Three Tenors, Operatic Spook-takular, Beer and Baritones at Borsch and Arias Con Brio.
- Offers dynamic professional performance and employment opportunities to local singers, pianists and theatre practitioners, integrating them into teams to be mentored by international opera stars and leading conductors.
- Takes opera out of the concert hall into various retirement communities, veteran’s facilities, shopping malls, community centers, libraries, churches parks and other public venues.
- Tours family friendly performances of popular fairy tales set to classical music to diverse demographics, giving youth and adults alike their first exposure to the operatic art form.
- Has conducted thousands of hours of networking and resource-sharing opportunities with peers across the nation and received a prestigious Circuit Rider Grant from the Nevada Arts Council in 2017.
- Joined the international year-long Bernstein Centennial celebration with a dazzling concert of Bravo, Bernstein in Myron’s Cabaret Jazz in the elegant Smith Center.
- Has launched four great ways for people to play a starring role in the company – The Bravo Circle, The Operazzi, The Encore Club and Opera Angels.